September 18, 2006

Ahem...

Welcome to my new blog! Will you make friendship with me? Lol...

"Waah Ramesh Babu... Naya blog... Naya address... Naya post... badhiya hai!"

Ok, today's quota for sad jokes is over. People who were about to flee, please don't. I can already see the readers dwindling. I'm pretty sure that in perhaps two months, I'll have to wrap up this blog and go back to ol' MSN Spaces.

Which brings us to the question of why this blog exists at all.

Answers:
1. Telling people that your blog is on "MSN Spaces" is just too... downmarket.
2. MSN Spaces don't work about 56.47% of the time anyway.
3. Blogspot looks great.
4. When you migrate from MSN Spaces to Blogspot, you feel as if all these years, you were publishing a local tabloid on yellow tissue paper, and now, suddenly, you're running a high-end fashion magazine on glossy paper.
5. You've got backup for all those times when MSN Spaces just inexplicably crashes.

Most of my readers (matlab pals whom I bribe and threaten to read my blog) are on my MSN list and will be too lazy to read this. (Unless if I offer them extra chocolates or something.) The MSN Space will continue to exist, of course.

How I tackle the posting - i.e. whether I post the same stuff on both, or different stuff, or selective stuff, is something that I haven't yet decided. But rest assured, no matter how I do it, posts on both blogs will be 89% crap.

So that's all for today. People with suggestions regarding what you'd like to see, please write in to me. I won't take your advice, but what the heck, you'll feel good about giving it.

14 comments:

Avinash said...

AS far as the chocolates are coming...will read anything:P...Well go ahead..write anything..jus start!!

Bleue said...

hee haa haa...downmarket..*same pinch*..kya coincidence hai!..& glossy paper mag..omg..lmao..neway, jus keep bloggin yaa..

Cheers \m/, (+.+) ,\m/ (to our nayaaa blogs!)

dilshad said...

love the comparison of msn space with blogspot....(glossy paper wallah).....other than that......u could post the same material on both sites .......that way on my lazy days (they seem to get more familiar as the exams approach!!) i just can click on the yellow star for ur blog !!!

aditi said...

u rock....honestly.....yea and where are the chocolates..?? im telling you.....ull put the best of the blogspotters to shame:d...best of luck for this one...keep posting...cyaaa

Aprajita said...

hehehe...damn good...i should post on my wtv blogspot id tooo....i mean if i freakin eva write!!hehe...bt great wrire more nd more and more...u knw muddu u write soo well i dnt havta save up for a rainy day..i can juss read wat u write! muah!

rish said...

im a pretty big fan of ur stuff....nice to see u here on blogspot...btw, i go thru ur posts msn, n im gonna keep up with this one too...so, ill go with either snickers or mars ?..or do u get to decide ?...

Pratz said...

welcome to blogger....glad to read ur second blog too...

----a avid reader of ur first blog...who rarely comments...but thts gonna change

Enn said...

hey mudra,
yup you are right. blogspot is surely the place to be. Hope Mumbai Mirror notices you and puts your writings up in their paper( i swear, they do that!!!).Anyway keep posting. Your blogspots in my favourites section now (thats the equivalent of speed dial for websites).AND PPL IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED IM ON BLOGSPOT TOO !!!! ( SINCE 2 MONTHS NOW )

http://niwton.blogspot.com

Im sorry Mudra, I just love adverising here. Ill pay you one day.

Enn said...

btw

ENN is NITISH GERA - the guy who wastes your time and is a sucker for illegal advertising/

dilshad said...

aaahhh my turn to advertise after Nitish !!! wwww.TequilaSunrise2311.blogspot.com.........now now muddu i alreday posted a comment ages ago !!!

Asterix said...

I want to see the remaining 11% of the posts ;-)

susan said...

You're a good writer. And its not just appeasement. You're good.
Blog less and send in your articles where more people can read them. Any newspaper would love your articles.
You're sarastic, sardonic and humorous.Good start to great writing...
P.S.Stop bribing people with chocolates!

Anonymous said...

ahhh ... very true .. !!
msn is soo damm frustrating.. dunno wat goes where..where to start.. what to read ....etc etc etc !!

stan

Anonymous said...

ok, that's it. posts 1 to umm... last (sorry, i didnt count) with comments. now i start hitting the links on the OOCBC list. u cud quiz me on it now.

bless thy soul, blogspot, and the wonderful IT people who hv blocked mindspace but not blogspot.

-Aditi