February 12, 2007

Signing Off (for the time being)

Why is it that studying has a direct effect on your levels of creativity? Just sat down to write something, and the only thoughts that came into my mind were:

1. Yesterday's episode of Koffee With Karan was the most thanda show I've seen for ages.
2. Honeymoon Travels HAS to release during my boards!
3. Valentine's Day is coming up, and there are hearts all over newspapers. *shudder*
4. I don't know anything in Math II.
5. I ate a pizza yesterday.
6. Prelim results... erm... sucked, to say the least.
7. I'm in today's Education Times! (Looking a little bit zapped, but what the heck.)
8. My verbosity has suddenly gone down and I'm not liking it one bit. My day doesn't feel complete without having talked crap to at least 3 people for at least 5 minutes each.
9. I think I'm growing immune to coffee. It's not keeping me awake, no matter how much of it I drink.
10. Every day, in the morning, I promise self, "Today, I will finish X, Y, Z chapters, even if I have to stay up till 1 a.m." At 10 a.m., I'm all energized. At 1 p.m., I'm hungry. At 4 p.m. I'm reading a Harry Potter. At 7 p.m. I'm going "Shit, shit, shit." At 10 p.m. I'm exhausted, and I go to sleep.
11. 'Dor' is one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen.
12. K K Menon's dance to "Sajna Wari Wari" is the BEST thing I've seen in a long long time!
13. I'm sick of all sorts of chocolate except dark chocolate.
14. I swear on Hrithik Roshan's eyes, my 25 year old neighbour is watching Pogo or something. Why? Why? Why?
15. This blog is going nowhere.
16. Writer's block. Shit, shit, shit.
17. It's all the fault of HSC!!! You took away my creativity! (whatever I had... which wasn't much to start with)
18. These points started as the things I was going to blog about. Now they're random thoughts!
19. Do I care?
20. Writer's block. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Okay, okay, okay. I hereby promise not to blog until March 5, except under extreme provocation / frustration. Hopefully the end of exams will help me get back some originality and creativity. Till then, all my faithful readers (there are 3 now), good bye and good luck.

P.S. Got published in Education Times (Feb 1 and Feb 12)! Also gonna get a new cellphone (finally). People with suggestions can leave comments. (N.B. I want a FLIP phone.) And those of my friends whose names are in today's Education Times solely due to me *smirk* should do the ethically correct thing and reward me in some way. Chocolates will be preferred.

P.P.S. I know this is a little late in the day, but don't watch Salaam-e-Ishq. Unless you wish to lose your sanity, time and money. Akshaye Khanna and the music are probably the only tolerable things in the movie. On the "Pain-Inflictor" index, I'd rate it somewhere below KANK but several notches above Phir Hera Pheri.

P.P.P.S. Karan to his guests on Koffee With Karan: "So, don't you think KANK was somewhat unfairly criticised in several places?" Mr. Johar, I would say ANY amount of criticism for KANK is less. My cable-walla showed it a month or so ago. Even on TV, where I can channel surf and come back, it was unbearable. I shudder to think of the fate of those who watched it in the theatres. There was actually a point where I thought the damn thing was getting over, and that was when "Intermission" flashed onto the screen. I almost bribed a Bombay goonda to "supari" you off (or whatever the expression is). Anyway, the main point is this - that after making a movie so highly pathetic, I'm surprised:
a. You didn't spot it when you were editing / previewing. Or was it too late then?
b. The actors of that flick still like you. It is each of their personal worst performance.
c. You made a profit on that movie. How? How?? How???
d. The NRI audiences love you.
e. Half a year on, you're still justifying that movie to all and sundry. And you think people are believing you.
f. You ACTUALLY brought it up on your show and didn't expect it to look narcissistic / vain / bullheaded / idiotic? Why rake up justified criticism and try to prove it wrong on home turf? Not cricket, my boy, not cricket.

6 comments:

Bleue said...

olaaaaaahahaha..i wanna watch Honeymoon travels too ! (& 4 evry hu din kno, Kay Kay plays dopE!!) Hearts all overr *double shudder*
Math II aur mera door door ka rishta nahi..*sigh*
You're in EduT!!!
Cold-Coffeee stil works!! *makes 100 meter sprint, just to check*
writers block uurrgh...i not like ...n ono.no..nooo...*period*
Hey, Pogo is stupid but NatGeo Junior & Disney can be fun okay..*raised eyebrow look*
OC, we sail the same naiyyaa, my friend, we sail the same to same naiyyaa..
KJo is so openly gay *applause*

Ok study..
milte hain, Boards ke baad
cheers \m/, (+.+) ,\m/

Asterix said...

Congrats on making it to Page 3 :) I bet all this time while you were cursing TOI, you were secretly preparing for this photo-op!!

Go crack them board exams, including Math-II, Math-3 and whatever you kids do these days! Mera aashirvaad tumhare saath hai.

Finally, thanks for reviving sad bad memories by making the KANK comments! I was one of those unlucky ones who had flocked to the theatre, thereby making it a hit, in the hope of witnessing some sleaze and skin in the name of adultery. Suffices to say I tore off my own skin.

aprajita said...

ok dude .. clarification .. i did make the mistake of watching salaam e bakwaas nd sorry to burt ur bubble but akshay khanna sucked ass .. i think he was horrid .. he is in my opinion one of the finer actors we have and he was soooo pathetic .. cmon .. govinda killed it as compared to him !!!! :P:P .. bt anyways kickass blog as freaking usual .. :D:D .. loved it .. waiting for more after the boards .. !!!
p.s less creativity makes you funnier .. think abt it .. hehe :P

Pratz said...

wokay ...after 15 days u blog...just to state tht u will be bloggin after 21 days :( !!!..I mean how is an avid fan to survive this way!!! Anyways...all the best with ur boards...hope the nitemare ends peacefully...!!
A Big Congo for all ur publications...especially for the second print in ET...loved it for various reasons :P !! Yeah I owe u a chocolate....so make sure u remind me after the boards...short term memory u see!!

@ P.P.P.S. : Applause, Applause and another Applause...a really good expression of what every critic and viewer must have felt while watching tht movie. U r too good with words (sigh..I can go on praising u knw....!!). So lets just add this really big comment here..with a simple bow and another applause...and a final best of luck!!!!

Glittering girl said...

all the best for ur boards! :)

Mudra said...

@bleue/peru: Thanks for saying what I didn't want to. "K Jo is so openly gay." True enough! :D

@asterix: Yeah, Bombay Times and Star News are my next targets. My resolution for 2007 is to get onto page 3 in BT and prime time on Star News. :) Thanks for the aashirwaad though!!

@apra: Come on, dude, Akshaye was better than anyone. Govinda got irritating after a point with the constant "my-dom!!"

@pratz: I like dark chocolate.

@glittering girl: Thanks!