Thought for the Day: Why do blogs see a dip in activity on weekends, especially Sundays and public holidays?
Look at it logically. You're working on weekdays. So what are you doing? Blogging at work?! Or coming home all tired, and saying, "Okay, lemme write a hilarious post about Salman Khan!"
Is it the fact that on weekends you're not frustrated enough with your life to blog? Or maybe you're just sleeping?
How about the fact that even readership (i.e. number of hits) is higher (!) during the week. Which explains what your boss has suspected forever. That none of you are working, really.
I'm on my way to taking this blog back to what it was. Regular, short and devoid of sense/reason almost all the time.
I'm saying this now because making the disclaimer takes away:
- the guilt that usually goes with badly written pieces,
- the need to think before I write,
- the need to be politically correct,
- the need to be correct at all,
- the need to please an audience (!),
- the thinking and re-thinking before blogging
This feels good. :) Have a nice weekend. :)